Friday, June 13, 2008

Tommy Girl and the Tongue

We've really done it now. It's amazing to me how many people will stop and comment on our little baby and ask how old "he" is when "he" is clearly wearing pink and ruffles and a dress! It would be more clear, I suppose, if I could keep a bow in her hair. We have some really cute headbands (thanks Chani) but they don't last too long. I put one on and within a few minutes she has it ripped off or has stretched it out and then lets go and is in tears. I try gluing some on, too, with karo syrup, but she also ripped those off along with any little tiny amounts of hair she may be getting in. But now, I can agree that it might be hard to decide to the non-relative eye if my little Addy princess is indeed a "he" or a "she." Addy should be wearing the hand-me-downs from Laynee, but they are slightly off in seasons. For pajamas all Laynee had were heavy sleepers and we needed something summery. So being the resourceful person that I am, I dug out Rhett's old Bob the Builder pjs. The kids and I then put a baseball hat on her and when Kade got home we said we had a new friend named Tommy. So now every night when we put her pajamas on, the kids start calling her Tommy and Kade is referring to her as his little Tommy girl.

As far as new important discoveries at our household (besides the regular bug-related ones), Addy has discovered her tongue. There is nothing more funny than that discovery. It is hanging out everywhere she goes. This is the only time it will be okay and quite cute to stick your tongue out at everyone!

3 comments:

Chani said...

I love the pics of the kids. They are darling! And, yes, someday all 6.7 of my kids will have matching dresses! I love it! Come visit LaVerkin soon!!!!!

TJ & Jayden said...

I love your kids, they are so cute. I am waiting for updates from this summer. Hop to it woman!!! Just kiding.

Deneil

Jessica said...

Your kids are adorable! Your mom told me that you and Jeni look at my blog...umm, you have never left a comment!! I googled you guys and found you, so no more hiding! I'm so excited to see your blog, so keep posting! We missed you this past weekend! Take care.