I love traditions. The best memories I have come from doing the same things year in and year out. I especially love all the fun traditions of Christmas and that includes my mom's tradition of trying to make us crazy with excitement. She's the only mom I know that purposely riles up the kids. I try to remember that when my kids keep asking "how many more days until Christmas?" and "I wonder what Santa might bring me?" My mom beat us to the punch and would constantly remind us how close it was getting and what she wondered and thought we might be getting....oh the excitement of childhood. It's so fun to have kids for the holidays.
Every year Grandpa Jack has a big dinner at his house. It is the one time you can count on the Lemmon boys getting together. This year Rhett said, "We go to Grandpa Jack's every year for a Christmas dinner and then Santa always comes!" Score, we have a tradition remembered.Being married means taking turns. This year was the Lemmon Year (that doesn't mean it was a bad year) for Christmas.

In the spirit of tradition, we always have a waffle supper on Christmas Eve. I guess our family just likes breakfast, or maybe we want to get breakfast over with long before Christmas morning and other activities.
This year we had Uncle Corey read the nativity and almost all of the grandkids played a song at some point throughout the story.
My parents have quite a line-up of grandkids. The crazy thing is that eight of them are missing from this picture. They all get along really good and my kids love to go to Hurricane to play with the cousins.

2 comments:
I'm glad you all had such a fun time! I woke up Christmas Eve morning really feeling bad that we wouldn't be with you guys that night. We had fun on our trip, but some traditions are hard to skip!!
This looks like fun! I love to keep the same traditions going every year. It just wouldn't feel like Christmas without them!
Post a Comment