Saturday, February 28, 2009

Sick Day

This winter seems to have been filled with lots more sickness than usual. Or maybe I notice it more because I have three kids. Or because Rhett is in school now with hundreds of other kids. Anyhow, Rhett got the flu. He was sick from Saturday thru Wednesday. My rule is that they stay in their rooms for the duration. I will accommodate them in any way, but they have to stay put!! The two reasons for this are: no spreading of the germs and weeding out the fakers--it's not that much fun in their rooms, or so I thought. By the end of Rhett's sickness I was starting to wonder. He hadn't thrown up for a half of a day so I started by making him come out to have lunch--to which he told me, "Dad let's me have macaroni and cheese in my room." I guess with the video player and the new addition of a Nintendo DS (thanks Santa) Rhett can feel pretty fulfilled right there in his room. Great.

0 comments: